Welcome to Glenlyon Dam Tourist Park
Just over the border of Qld, it’s home to a wide range of local wildlife and a variety of freshwater fish. With stunning views and surrounded this is the ideal destination to relax and unwind. Great fun for the whole family!
Keen anglers Husband & Wife Brian & Debbie Dare run this family-owned and operated park. Established for over 26 years the Glenlyon Dam Tourist Park has become a home away from home for anglers and families from all over. In the kiosk, Debbie provides a selection of lures and spinner baits for sale with dam track records.
- Family run business for 34 years
- Unpowered & powered sites
- Two clean well maintained amenities blocks
- No domestic pets or generators
- Local knowledge on best spots to fish
- Advice on lure selection
- Local tourist information
- Cod watching on dam Aug-Oct
- Natural environment with an abundance of birds &wildlife
- Advice on river access for kayaks & canoes
- Traveling advice regarding border issues and road conditions
- Telstra 4G tower above park
- Public phonebox
About Glenlyon Dam
Glenlyon Dam is located approximately an hour’s drive southwest of Stanthorpe. The dam is popular for fishing and watersports, with no vessel type restrictions occurring on the dam.
According to the Queensland Department of Agriculture and Fisheries, the dam is stocked with golden perch, Murray cod, and silver perch. Restocking of the dam is conducted each year.
As Current from 21/09/2021