Glenlyon Dam FAQ
- Is Glenlyon Dam in QLD or NSW?
- QLD but has a NSW phone number.
- How long is Glenlyon Dam?
- 29kms long when full capacity. Levels vary with rainfall and the seasonal irrigation release which is between Oct-March each year.
- Do I need a fishing permit or licence?
- Yes a Qld Stocked Impoundment Permit for 18 years and over, weekly or yearly. Available at the Kiosk at Glenlyon Dam. No boating permit is required just follow Qld boating regulations.
- Can I ski or jet ski on the Lake?
- Certainly can, launch at the boat ramp and head out the 6 knot bay and ski from the point. Ultimate (98) Unleaded and we mix boat fuel.
- What is there for a day visit only?
FAQ’s Glenlyon Dam Tourist Park.
- Can we bring our dog?
- No domestic pets.
- Are the sites big enough for our RV and is there a dump point for porta loos?
- The powered sites are situated in lines, some slabbed. The best way is when you book in tell Debbie what size van and the suitable site will be booked. There is no dump point facilities on site.
Two clean amenity blocks are here with clothes lines, coin operated dryers and washing machines.
Some are camping with gas and solar panels which is great , no generators allowed.
- What is the best fishing times?
- Mid Sept thru to mid May. Keep in mind when the fish are biting we are busiest in the Park so please ring and book in.
- What is available in the Kiosk?
- Trading hours are 8am- 6pm daily. Arrangements can be made if coming in after hours to camp.
We sell party ice, essentials, fuel including diesel, worms, lures, limited tackle, light lunches and Devonshire teas. You’ll need to stop at a hotel on your way out of town as no alcohol sold here. We have a hire service for mattresses, lifejackets, hire boats, bar fridges, bar freezers, and freezer space to take your catch home.
- Can we get shrimps in the dam if we bring shrimp traps?
- Certainly they are the best live bait. If you are on power you’ll need an aerator going to keep your shrimps alive for a few days, if unpowered, a shrimp keeper to leave in the water should do the trick. All traps should be marked with name and address.
- We like to sit around the brazier at night, can we bring it?
- Wood BBQ’s are positioned around the sites and in front of cabins, with pine in the woodheap. You can bring your brazier with a catch tray for ash. Keep in mind that Dec-Jan is very hot and even cooking on a wood BBQ is uncomfortable.